Favorite Photos

Tuesday, July 5

I would like to be known as a Footlong Please!

 Many of my fellow blogger who have read the article, we all know the one, http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2011/07/03/2011-07-03_americanborn_wives_married_to_us_deported_or_banned_spouses_band_together_via_on.html have been sharing all the reasons that they love their own "Ham Sandwich". I have decided to do the same, I just wanted to say that yea, there are always going to be the rude, obnoxious, ignorant people that will try and put us down but you know what for me this article has only brought me closer to even more expats and even more proud of the decisions I have made. I believe that we are strong, beautiful, brave women for following our husband's on this journey.
I just have to share that after telling Javier about the article and about all the lists of why we love our  " Ham Sandwhich" he requested that he not be know as a Torta de Jamon, but as a lean footlong subway sandwhich. It does not matter what kind! LOL

My 25 reasons I love my footlong sub...

1. He can always make me laugh (as you can tell "subway request) as I write this post he is dancing and killng moscos at the same time.

2. He is such a hard worker and takes pride in everything he does.

3. I have learned you make a song out of anything you are doing. Sometimes a song will come on the radio and he will substitute those words for his own  describing what he is doing at the time. On one of our first dates he took me to the beach but we got lost on the way, he then started singing about how we were lost and how much he wanted to get me to the beach. WOW!

4. After everything that has happened to him in his life he still has such a positive outlook .

5. He has made me try so many new types of food, I am a usually a chicken to try out new things and used to be so much more of a picky eater I never in my life thought that I would ever try rabbit, squirrel, alligator, octopus, or an opossum.
They all sound disgusting I know, but they were all not that bad.

6. He is so organized. I am so lucky that he is not a slob, he puts everything away when he is done using it.

7. He can create / build anything out of whatever you put in front of him. When we got our new house in the states he tore apart our whole kitchen and put all new cuboards, tile and backsplash all by himself.

8. I am so lucky that he loves to dance. I have to admit he so much better than me and can brake into dance anytime of the day anywhere.

9. He is willing to do any type of work and is a quick learner.

10. He has a love of comedy movies just like me. The first movie we ever saw together was "Jackass" and it was the first time I ever heard him laugh really hard. It was pretty hilarious.

11. He is willing to help anyone that needs it. No matter how little we have there will always be something to give to someone else.

12. Even when something works he is always trying to think of a way to make it better. The wheels are always spinning in that head of his.

13. He cooks for me and is very independent. There are many dishes that he has taught me how to make and is very grateful that I also have a love for cooking because this man can forever eat.

14. He is a daddy. My stepson Jonathan lives in the states but he loves his son so much and to see that relationship and watch it grow is amazing. It is just a view into the future.

15. When I worked at my dad's concrete company ( out in the field pouring concrete) he was the only one that had the guts to talk to me and actually teach me how to trowel, stamp, and level the concrete.

16.  He loves and gets along with my family.  Even though he did not speak good english in the beginning he always tried his best.

17. He makes fun of the Machisimo Men  and is proud to not be one of them. He likes to pretend he is though, I dont know if he just wants to see how much I will rebel against everything that he say or if it is just to make me laugh.

18. He constantly reminds me of how much he loves me. There are many besos and hugs all day everyday.

19. He is never afraid to tell me how he is feeling. Actually he is way better at expressing himself than I am. I am more of the quite keep it myself kind of person. So he is helping me be more open and expressive.

20. He believes in me and always pushes me to do better.

21. He is so cute and handsome, has broad shoulders, and
       perfect lips, that I hope our daughter will inherit(the lips lol).

22. We have the same religous views and feel the same way about our faith and our beliefs.

23. We have so many of the same views and beliefs in life, but we also have so many that are different.

24.  Love that we have different backgrounds because there is always something new to learn and share with eachother and our families.

25. He has brought me to this new country that I already love. I have always wanted to travel somewhere and now I am falling in love with the people. the culture, and my new life here in Mexico.

4 comments:

Corin said...

Fantastic post!

Unknown said...

Gracias Amiga! I was inspired by all of you to write my own.

Jackie said...

Okay Mr. Subway...he is toooo funny! Definetly lots of good reasons! :)

Unknown said...

Jackie, Gracias. He is pretty funny I could not stop laughing when he told me that.