Last week was not one of the best that I have had since I have been here. There were a couple things that happened that should or did not need to happen. So by the time the weekend came around Javier and I were ready to get out of the house and away from everyone. He has been telling me for months that he would take me over to the next town so that we could finally have some time to ourselves. Dont get me wrong I love his family, and his little nephew who is like our own child. He follows us everywhere and I love that he enjoys being with us, but just a couple hours please.
So we did it, we got up saturday morning and decided to leave. It was so relaxing, and we were able to reconnect again. It was the first time we had spent the whole day alone. We got to check out a town close by. It was a very cute town and Javier found his new fishing spot. We bought a roasted chicken and sat by the lake enjoying the sites.
It was great to laugh together and get away from everyone. I know we will not be able to do anything like this for awhile, we will have to watch are spending but I am very grateful that we got away when we did.
I just wanted to share a couple pictures from our day away.
Watching the fisherman who were out on the lake the whole day.
The plaza in the center
It was not the most beautiful day but it worked out just fine.
Another view of the lake.






2 comments:
It looks like you got your hair cut! And what happened to Javier's hand?
Jackie, yea I cut my hair. I have never had it this short, I wanted something easy and cute. Now I miss my long hair though! Javier hurt his hand at work so he is on disability for two weeks, he is fine though.
Post a Comment