Favorite Photos

Wednesday, July 27

Any Ideas?

      Last year it took me about 6 or 7 months to lose 22 pounds. It is amazing how much better I felt about myself after that. Now that I am here in Mexico I have to find exercises that I can do here in the backyard/ patio without a treadmill or weights or any type of machines. I have one step that I could use as a stair stepper, lots of room for lunges, sit-ups, and squats. My next big goal is to lose around 10 to 15 pounds. I just need to start and do something that I actually like to do, because I cant stand doing lunges, but squats I can handle.
     While I am trying to complete my goal I really want to work on my butt and abs. I know squats, lunges and leg lifts are great for the rear end but does anyone have any more secrets they want to share. I know it sounds kind of dumb that I want to enjoy the work out, I dont know how to explain it, but I dont think I will actually committ to this If I dread doing it everyday.
         I wish I had a spot to do my yoga ( with a video because I dont know the moves by heart) because I actually enjoyed it. I took some classes in college and more at the gym years after and I was amazed at how different your body could feel after you performed certain exercises. Some made me so relaxed and others gave me so much energy after. One thing that was really good was that all of the yoga exercises took away my allergies, which totally amazed me. I have had bad allergies since I was little so this should be the only thing that I need to get me motivated right?
     Well I will start researching what kind of exercises I can try out and if anyone has anything they want to share I would really appreciate it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am huge right now. Sal was my exercise partner and once he left I quit and I started eating obscene amounts of food. I am going to make a post sometime in the next week about my plan to lose weight in Mexico (calling it the Pale Whale challenge); you can participate with me and maybe we can motivate each other. I am going to start by just exercising by walking two miles a day home from work. I think I will start with lunges, etc after a while but I have to adjust to the altitude before I can get serious.

Krystal L. said...

There are so many exercises you can do at home. Do you want me to describe them or post links to them on the web? And you don't have room for even a yoga mat in the house? Also, you can do some things with your diet to help too. No fruit after the noon meal, nothing to eat 3 hours before you sleep, try to limit your last meal to proteins and complex carbs so that your body burns fat while you're sleeping and not all the excess carbs you just ate. The carbs that aren't burned at night are converted to fat cells :) Eat frequently, oatmeal and fruit is a good thing for morning. Trying to think of what foods you can eat there easily. Oh yes, lots of beans ha ha, great for fiber and protein. As I get more ideas, should I post them here or on your FB?

Krystal

Unknown said...

Sarah, I will definetly join you and I think Krystal should be our coach. I like to walk to but there are not many paved road close to us so its kind of a pain in the butt.

Krystal, The links would be great. I suggested to sarah that you should be our coach on her soon to be challenge. I knew you would be the queen of what I needed to do. I will have to plan out what I need to eat its not so easy when I have to eat what everyone else does. As for the ideas posting on facebook would be great!
Thanks Krystal I appreciate it.

Jill said...

Yoga took away your allergies?!? That's awesome!

While I don't know what a yoga instructor would think of my yoga routine (I'm no expert), just start with a few poses and add one a month or so. I started with Sun Salutations, as that was easy to follow and works the whole body. (Sometimes that's all I have time for now. =P) If you don't know it by heart, I'm sure you can find the poses online and learn it, slowly but surely.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 22 pounds! I've been working out for 6 months and have only lost about 5 pounds (My size has gone down considerably, just not my weight)

Would going out to jog be a possibility?

Unknown said...

Jill, it was pretty awesome not sneezing every morning. I will look up the poses for the sun salutations, I remember doing alot of those in college and it does work out everything thanks for the reminder.

Laura, Thats all that matters really. I lost so many more inches before I lost the weight. That means that you are gaining muscle, the weight will eventually come off and you will see what you have been working for.