Favorite Photos

Thursday, March 3

It's not an obsession

Disneyland time!! I decided it was a good idea to go before heading down to Mexico. There is not a set date to come back to the states and I'm sure when that time comes there will not be money to go. There is not much money right now, but my mom has offered to pay for my ticket because she will do anything just to get me to go. Disneyland, my mothers favorite place in the world, if she could live there or go everyday of the week I'm sure she would. When I was younger and working I would call my mom on my breaks and see what she was up to, of course her answer " Oh I decided to go to Disneyland today to come see my friends" My response " Oh it must be nice to go whenever you want." I would not call it an obsession because that would hurt her feelings, she is just a kid at heart and loves all the Disney characters, and she definitely gets her money's worth on her season pass!
So I have been back for three weeks now and my time is half way up, spending time with my parents and brother is the most important thing to me and this way I get to spend time with my mom, take a day off of work, and see all the new rides they have put in since the last time I went. So its a win win for me and my mom. Lets see if I can get a few good pictures while we are there tomorrow.

OK, so when I was young The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie, I watched it so many times I actually broke the tape. My mom had to write a letter to Disney to open the vault and send us a new one, talk about an obsession, I guess that was me not her. Does anyone have a fav Disney movie or have kids that love their fav Disney characters?

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love Disneyland. It makes me sad that we may never have the chance to bring our son as a fammily. I hope that we will have the money that at least i can take him, even though his dad can't go. Well actually we took him when he was one, but that does not count.

I love disney movies. My favorite princess one has always been the Little Mermaid, i also love Pinochio, Sword in the stone, Alladin and teh newer ones..Toy story, Up, Bolt, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc...really i could go on and on. I try and get the DVDs when they are released.

Unknown said...

Aww I hope you get to take your son one day too Rebecca. I have also been trying to get the disney dvd's when they come out they are cheaper the first week. I grew up with all the disney movies and I want me kids to also.

Anonymous said...

True story, the first time I took my daughter to Disneyworld, I'm getting her picture right in front of the castle and step in horse poop. So be careful of horse poop but have a great time!

Unknown said...

LOL. Thanks thats too funny cheryl I'll be thinking of you today and I will be careful.

Trinidad Salamanca said...

My favorite movie was also The Little Mermaid! Hope you have a good time and can't wait to see the pix!

Jackie said...

Disneyland is such a magical place! We took Isabella 5 years ago and we all loved it. I dream about going again with Francesca, but I don't know how soon that will be happening. Enjoy your day with your family and I can't wait to see the photos.

And for Rebecca, I have a friend in a similar situation as you, and you know what she did? They ended up going to Euro Disney and loved it!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies, we had a great time!
Jackie it is pretty magical especially that new world of color show they have.
Trinidad The little mermaid is the best, they are actually building a whole new section about the movie right now, rides and everything so Im kind of bummed it wll not be done before I leave.

Gretchen said...

Hi, Lisa! I saw that you found my blog, so I checked yours out too, and it sounds like you've got a lot going on right now, being in the middle of a move, etc. Glad you were able to make a Disney trip, though! Anyway, it's nice to meet you and I'll be following your story. :) Suerte, Lorraine

Unknown said...

Hi Lorraine, nice to meet you too, its always good to make another friend on this journey that can relate and Gracias for also following me. Im glad I was able to make the trip to disney too!!