I just need to share a little background info first. Buy the time I started my diet I was just completely done feeling like crap, I had no control over the things I was eating and did not exercise at all. A couple months earlier in April I was almost in a depression, when I went to the doctors they told me that I had an anxiety disorder which was not a fun thing to go through. Some of the symptoms were rapid heart beat, sweating, nausea, hyperventilating, depression, and Insomnia. When I am upset about things I have the habit of keeping things to myself and not talking to anyone, which was one thing that led me to this disorder. I did not feel like I was stressed out but my body was telling me that I actually was and that I needed to do something to fix it. The doctor had recommended for me to start exercising and talking out my problems with Javier more or with someone in my family to let them know how I was feeling.
By May I was started to feel a little better and then everything came crashing down. My brother in law called me early in the morning and told me that Javier was being held and was going to be deported. I was so upset and afraid. I was terrified that all the anxiety would come back. Around August I could start to feel my symptoms coming back and knew that there was something I had to do to be healthier. My dad told me that I should try counting calories and exercising again and maybe that would help me feel better about myself and some of the situations I was being placed in.As usual my dad was right. Counting calories to me worked out really well because it was easy and I was still eating whatever I wanted, I did not feel cheated. I also started doing the stair stepper and lifting weights every other day. After I started my diet my aunt decided that she wanted to join me because it is always easier when you have someone else doing it with you and we kind of had a little race going to see who could lose more. I am happy to report that since then I have been able to look at my situation differently and take things (especially the bad ones) a little easier as they come into my life. Relieving some of my stress through exercise and expressing myself more has definitely helped me these last couple of months.
As of early march my aunt and I are tied 22 lbs and it feels wonderful. I have so much more confidence, energy, self esteem, and feel like I can handle a lot more than I could have this time last year. I have not had an anxiety attack in almost over a year. Don't get me wrong there were times when it just did not feel like it was working because I lost a lot of inches in the beginning instead of the pounds. Now that the pounds are gone though I can see that all my hard work has paid off and it is going to say that way. First big goal was to get to 20 pounds, next 30. Now I just take life one day and one pound at a time. 
7 comments:
Congratulations Lisa!!! That's fantastic! I really admire people when they are on diets and do the whole exercise thing because I'm a big wimp and could never do it. Good luck with reaching the rest of your goals! :)
Congratulations on your successes!
Thanks ladies!!
Jackie, yea I used to wish "if only" I was very lucky though that my mentality changed because once it did I could not stop.
You show strong character by addressing the problems you were having in your life. I admire that in people because it is not an easy thing to do. You are right it is easier to get something done when you have a partner. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Trinidad!! Im trying my best to not go back, only forward.
Nice job! If you ever need motivation or support, you holler at me on FB. I use a bodybugg so I count every calorie in and out. My goal is to lose weight through exercise too. I am running a 10 mile race in a month and doing a half marathon in June. There is just a sense of accomplishment when you see the numbers drop and know it was your hard work that did it!
I have PTSD from Iraq and I have panic/anxiety attacks all the time for no apparent reason. I started exercising and doing yoga to get myself healthier without having to take all the drugs that the VA prescribed. It helps wonder.
GOOD LUCK!
Thank you krystal that means alot. I definetly agree with you about the sense of accomplishment. Isn't it crazy how your body reacts to stress, it was actually pretty scary at times.
Well good luck with your 10 mile race and the 1/2 marathon. I have not done anything that big yet but my aunt and I will be doing our second 5k this month yea!!
Post a Comment