Ok so now that I am back in the states Javier wants me to send some stuff back to him. There is nothing really big, just some clothes, shoes, movies, and some other little things. Does any one have any good ideas for shipping stuff from here to mexico. I know of only one place to do it from that does not charge you by the weight of the package. They give you a medium size box and you can put whatever you can fit in the box for 150 dollers. OOuucchh. This is kind of expensive but I dont know if i have any other choices. Anyone have any other ideas?
10 comments:
I'm so sorry to tell you Lisa, DHL is really the only good option to ship something to Mexico. The regular postal service is a nightmare, you may get it, you may get some of it or someone might just think it's so wonderful they keep it. DHL is kind of pricey but it actually works. Good luck!
Thanks cheryl. I appreciate all the advice I can get and I have definetly heard the horror stories of the postal service.
DO NOT us the postal service. We are still waiting on 4 packages and birthday cards from 2 years ago. Fed-Ex has worked the best for us. It is a little high priced, but it will get here and it will get here quickly. Good luck!
Thanks Jill. I will definetly look into the prices for fed-ex.
I have to agree with Jill and Cheryl...use only DHL or Fed Ex if you want Javier to receive it. What we try to do is find someone who's coming down to Mexico and they can fit it in their suitcase.
Jackie, yea sending stuff with someone else is the best way to go. All his family was down their for the holidays though. I think I will be going back before anyone else so Im gonna check out prices next week. Thanks!
Hey Lisa hang in there. I have been fortunate that I travel every 4 months to Nayarit and have been able to take my stuff down little by litte. I have convinced my husband to meet me at the border for this last one way trip I will be making in June/July. I plan on taking my tv, stereo, and many kitchen appliances. Hope it all works out!
Thanks Trinidad, yea the little trips do help. Javier and I actually drove all the way down from TJ in January and packed as much as we could in the car along with the dogs but I still need to ship stuff. Little by little though.
Many people ship by bus which is pretty cheap. Tufesa is one that takes packages,but I think many of them do. Try putting the word out on forums and ask people if they can spare some room to take a box or two...do it bit by bit.
Thank you Zoe. I will look into it.
Post a Comment