When I was in Mexico there were some more trips that we were so lucky to take, but Im a little late sharing them. This was one of my favorite trips because Javiers mom actually came with us. His parents do not get out of the house much especially my suegro, but that story is for another day. Anyway Javier decided to take us on a trip to San Juan De Los Lagos. There was a huge festival in this city I believe the last week of January, it was actually on the news because there was like a million people there. We had to wait until a week had passed, a little calm after the storm.
![]() |
| San Juan De Los Lagos |
This was the church that was located in the middle of the town. I was huge and beautifull inside. There were so many people trying to walk through the church that it took us about an hour and a half to actually get in and walk all the way to the alter. Good thing I was not clostrophobic or dont like people touching me, because you had to be very friendly with your neighbor inside. There was not even enough room for me to lift one arm up. Javier described it as walking like a penguin shuffling towards the front.
The details inside the church were so beautiful, I love going to see what the churches look like in all the towns we visit. It was so powerful walking inside this church, you could feel it the spirtit, the love and all the prayers, I cant even explain it other than it was pretty amazing. I just wish I spoke and understood spanish enough to get through a mass, one day!
Here are a couple pictures of some dancers that were outside of the church when we finally made it out.
Lastly a couple pictures of us enjoying the town and taking a lunch break.
![]() |
| Lupe, Danny, my Suegra, Diana, and Javier |
![]() |
| Love this pic me n my suegra |















2 comments:
The church looks beautiful! Once again I had to laugh at how your Javier said it felt like penguins walking. :) I can totally see that slow, wobbling walk of penguins. Too funny!
Jackie, when we were walking through the church everyone is of course so serious and praying and when Javier told me about the penguins I could not stop laughing and then I felt really bad!! It was pretty funny though.
Post a Comment