Javier woke up this morning and told me that he wanted to take me to the cemetary! My response Oh how romantic I cant wait! J/ K. I had actually told him that I wanted to go see one on our way down here so we went to visit his grandpas grave and I saw how different they are here in Mexico. Javier kept saying why all these people should have spent their money on having a nice house and enjoying their lives while they were here instead of competing to see who has the nicer grave after they were gone. I know it is kind of a depressing or creepy thing wanting to go and visit the cemetary but they are so colorful and his mom was telling us so many stories, I really enjoyed the trip.
These were photos from Javiers grandpas gravesite.
Everything was so colorful there and some of the buildings just kept getting bigger and bigger.
This one I thought was really pretty it had hand painted pictures all over it.
Sorry if this creeped you out but I enjoyed my trip to the Panteon.
2 comments:
Dont apologize, I agree i think they are very beautiful here, now that I think about it I havent seen one in Merida in the months that we have been here. Maybe its time for me to venture out and find it! Great photos
My mom and I love to visit cemeteries too! The cemeteries in Mexico are sooo different than in the States, don't you think? One of the biggest differences is how all of the gravesites are really close together and everyone can pretty much build whatever they want. There's a cemetery here in GDL that they give tours at night! Can you believe it? They have all sorts of stories about the people that are buried there and the spooky things that sometimes happen.
Post a Comment