On the other hand since I have been back we have also been moving my parents out of their home and into my mine. They have soo much stuff, it is amazing. I new that all their furniture and things that they have collected over the years just would not fit in my house. Knowing this I made my mom decide that everything that she was taking with her would be things that she absolutely needed or that she had to have. Everything else we decided would be sold at yard sales. Trust me in the beginning it was like pulling teeth to get her to decide that there were things that she did not need. We just had our first yard sale this past Saturday and are planning another for this weekend.
I have been packing, unpacking, cleaning, organizing and anything else I can do to keep my mind busy. After leaving Javi this last time, I have to say it was the hardest so far. I get to talk to him three times a week but it is just not the same. We are both trying to stay strong and positive for each other but at times especially with everything else going on it is just to much. I think the biggest thing for me is that every time I have left Mexico I always had a day or idea of when I would be going back. This time is different I cant count down the days and await the day we will be together again.
12 comments:
Hugs to you, Lisa. I've been through the cancer life-in-limbo ordeal several times. It's not fun.
I know how that feels...was driving me crazy being in the US not knowing when I could get back. Helped me to stay busy and enjoy family and friends, but...it's still hard. Hang in there, amiga.
Hang in there!!! And enjoy this time you have with your family :)
Oh, I feel you when it comes to making parents part with things. I tried to help my parents clean out about a year ago and my father would not let go of anything. He even hid old pieces of junk in the drop ceiling to avoid getting rid of them.
I'm sorry to hear that everything for your grandmother is getting so stretched out. So many things are going on in your life that are just waiting games; we all know that is the worst.
I know it must be hard on so many different levels. One for being away from Javi and also dealing with your grandma's illness. Being what I call "in limbo" because you don't know what is going to happen.
I really do hope your grandma makes a full recovery, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is going to be a hard time but keep yourself busy like you have been doing and it will help move you through the days.
Waiting is just the worst thing. Glad to hear that your grandmother is doing well right now.
Hang in there!
I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's funny because my parents are moving into a new home and we are here for it. So I'm getting to help pack and clean and organize. Oh boy!
And it's much harder not knowing exactly when we are going back. I'm lucky we get to talk with Eduardo 3 times a day, not a week. But it's hard on Liliana. And then I feel guilty because I actually don't really miss El Salvador this time like I usually do.
We will all reunite at some point. Hopefully they can come here sooner rather than later!
Hang in there!!
I hope your grandma is better soon. It's great that you can be there but I know it's difficult to be far away from your husband.
Barb: Gracias and felicidades on being a survivor!
Leah: Gracias amiga, yea its pretty tough.
Gringationcancun: Definetly enjoying the fam and everything I will miss when I do leave.
Greengagirl: Yea the waiting is pretty bad.
Its funny that at the end of unpacking we were trying to find places to put everything away, my mom actually started putting items in the yard sale pile herself. I was so proud!! lol
Trinidad: Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers and we are all praying for a full recovery. We want another cancer survivor in our family.
Val: Yea my grams is definetly a Trooper!
Kelsey: I could not imagine how hard it is on little Liliana, its great that you have so much more communication though. Im hopinig for sooner too.
Karen: Thank you Karen. I am so grateful that I was able to come back and help and support my family, Im a very lucky girl.
Lisa, I think about you often and what a difficult situation you're experiencing. Hang in there. Things are going to work out.
Thanks Jackie. I am planning on making a little change for us for a little while so hoping it works out.
Post a Comment