Favorite Photos

Saturday, June 18

Waiting for My Evening Date

It has been just about a week now and I am starting to get into a routine here. The last couple times I have spent here in Mexico has also been time spent with Javier. This time is very different as he now has a job in a meat factory that takes him away for pretty much the whole day. He will leave at 530 in the morning to catch the bus to arrive at work at 7 and will not return home until around 730 in the evening. I have had to make up a daily routine for myself everyday so that I will not die of boredom while I am alone with his family all day.
  I spend most of the day cleaning, washing dishes, doing laundry or making meals with my suegra. In the evening I spend some time with my kindle which I am so glad that I bought it is my new best friend,  and then I shower and wait for Javier to come home. I feel like some of teenage girls around here. They clean all day and then get all dressed up and sit out side waiting for their boyfriends to come and spend a couple hours with them in the evening. Javier thinks it is funny how I sit outside in front of the house and wait for him to come riding up the street on his bike. I think its cute and its my enjoyment for the day so I dont care what he says.

There have been some major adjustments this time especially for my body, I have been sick to my stomach since I have arrived back, there must be something going around because Javier and my suegra have also not been feeling well. (one plus I think I lost the 4 pounds I had gained while in the states) I swear they are making me take about three different pills, some herbal drops in a clear bottle and I have been drinking tea.  I dont normally like taking so many pills (especially when I dont know what it is) everyday but I was feeling so bad I didnt really care at the time and I have to say I feel much better now, so all the remedies worked.
  Another problem is the moscos have been driving me crazy, I swear I have 16 bites as of today. I have raid in the room, we sleep with a net, the fan is on full blast facing me, and I try to stay indoors in the evening, and still this is the outcome. Oh well I will just add that to my list of cons for Mexico.
   One pro is I have been enjoying the thunderstorms in the evenings. The rain does not stick around all day it will arrive fast and strong for about thirty minutes to an hour and then its gone. Leaving everything flooded and a nice mess to pick up in the mornings, but I have to say I do enjoy the sound of the rain and thunder and love watching all the lightning in the sky. I thought the rain would cool everything down a bit, well outside it feels great but then again I have to stay inside so I wont get eaten alive,  but inside the house it feels like a sauna making it even harder to sleep at night
.
  I could make a list of pros and cons but I think my pros would far outway all the bad. I know I will have to leave again in a couple of weeks so I am going to take all the good with the bad and enjoy it. And I know Javier will miss seeing me waiting for him in front of the house when I am gone no matter what he says.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

It has been a week already, wow! Cute story about waiting outside for Javier. It is little stuff like that that keeps love alive

Val said...

Lisa, it is funny that you mentioned them giving you medicine since Rebecca at Bienvenidos a Jali-Wood just wrote about the overuse of medicines in Mexico.

But, glad to hear you are feeling better. And that you are enjoying your stay (expect for the bug bites and hot nights...I can relate!).

Trinidad said...

Hi Friend. As I was reading your post I couldn't help but laugh as that will be me in about a week and a half. B says in Nayarit it still hasn't rained!

I face the same problems with all the bugs! You are so hot you just want to be outside at night but can't because you'll get eaten alive. We don't have a net in Mexico but I bought one a while back but couldn't fit it into my suitcase. I will be able to take it now so that I can get a decent night's sleep. At night I wanted to have nothing on me and just feel the fan but then if there were just one or two mosquitos I would get eaten alive and so I had to cover myself with a sheet...torture.

Anywho I'm with you on this one girl that the Pros far outway the cons.

lisa n javi said...

Rebecca, I know its has gone by so fast. I think its all the litle things too, my parents have been together since they were sixteen and every since I can remember have always done sweet little things for eachother.

Val, Yea I did not read hers until after, buts its true there is medication for every little thing.

Trinidad, Hola amiga wow your trip is coming up fast. I was not able to take me net with me either until we had driven down here. I will be thinking about you and hope every things goes smoothly for you guys on your trip.