As you all know on my last post I was having a hard time with everything that was going on in my life. Well I have to say I have the best family in the world. My parents talked to me and told me that they thought that I should go home for a couple weeks and to come back to the US when they knew when my grandma was going to be having her surgery. I can't tell you how relieved I was when they suggested this because of course I was thinking it but, I felt bad even thinking or talking about leaving.
My grandma is now going through her third week of Chemo and radiation and has three more to go. After this they will be doing tests to see if her tumor has shrunk and they are able to do the surgery or if more steps have to be taken. She is being a real trooper through all this and we are just going to keep praying and having faith that she can be a survivor.
Well after learning that it was ok I leave I booked my flight but decided not to tell Javier. He has been having a really hard time since I left and I thought it would be a good surprise for him. So after I bought my ticket I talked with his sister and asked if she could speak with his family and let them know about my plans. Everything was all set my parents where going to drop me off at the airport and his brother would be picking me up. Or so I thought. During the last week before I left everytime I spoke with Javier he would say weird things to me that he would not normally say during our conversations. So I had a weird feeling about how things where going to go down.
Needless to say after I got off the plane and was greeted by my suegra, cunada and sobrinos there he was waiting for me with a big boquet of flowers and asking if I needed a ride home. So even though I thought I would be the one doing the surprising , I was the one being surprised. It turns out his hole family basically ratted me out but that was ok because it was the surprise I think we both needed. I am so glad to be home and to spend time with Javier for a couple of weeks. I cant tell you how grateful I am to have the family and support that I do. There is no way I could make it through this process with out everyone I have in my life right now.
It is great to be back and have my computer fixed. So I cant wait to let you know how things are going here and what will be happening in the next couple of weeks. You never know what life will bring.
Surprise Surprise.
8 comments:
So glad your home. Praying for your grandma and that you take this time to rejuvenate.
Oh Lisa I'm so happy for you I almost cried! Those reunions are so lovely especially when you have the support of your family. I hope you both enjoy your time together and that your grandma continues on her road to recovery. :)
I was half expecting you to say that Javier flew up to see you...lol. How sweet that his whole family came to greet you. Sounds like they think highly of you. :-)
So sweet!!! Of course his family wasn't going to keep the secret :) Glad you're back in MX
Awww! How sweet. I am happy you have been given the chance to go home for a while. I cannot imagine how hard this all is for you.
So glad you can be together!
Rebecca, Thanks and I think I would be able to rejuvenate if only the moscos would leave me alone.
Trinidad, Gracias, yes I am one lucky girl.
Barb, I wish that were the case it would make a lot of things easier. Javiers family is great, they are very much like my own so it made the transition of having to be so far away from mine just a little easier.
Gringation, Thanks, me too.
Greengagirl, Thank you, some days are easierthan others, but I am lucky my family is able to call me whenever they want and keep me updated.
Karen, gracias!
I just now read this! I'm so glad you guys are back together. Yay!! Enjoy your time :)
Post a Comment