Favorite Photos

Monday, December 12

My one good eye

So I have been here for two weeks now and for the most part enjoyed my time since I have been back except for one little problem. Last Monday night I was trying to sleep and woke up with a horrible feeling in my eye. It was like a piece of sand paper was scratching my eye every time I closed it. By early Tuesday morning it felt so bad, I just started crying and I was totally exhausted, I knew there was something wrong. Since javi had to be at work he asked his sister to take me to the eye doctor and yep of course I have an eye infection. The doctor tells me I am not allowed to wear my contacts and to put eye drops in both eyes every hour for the first day. Crap. After the first day I could only see out of one eye, the other was completely blurry. After a week of putting drops in the blurriness has gone away but there is still a little white spot from the infection that I am waiting to go away. Let me tell you it was not a fun week.

I was feeling a little better on sat and Sunday so I decided to go with my suegra to see the parade that would be going through the plaza. Well little did I know I would be apart of the parade instead of actually sitting on the sidelines and taking photos. After we walked from one church in to town to another we went straight to mass. I would have like to actually see what and who was walking behind me but didn't turn out that way. I did manage to get a few photos of inside the church after mass.


This church is so beautiful inside. I love taking pictures in here.


Outside view with all the lights on.


A view of some street decorations I thought were cute.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful church! We don't have anything like that in Cancun

Hope your eye heals

Unknown said...

You were part of the parade? Interesting! How did you get roped into that?

Glad you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Laura, it is really pretty inside even with out all the holiday decorations. Everytime we visit a new town I have to bring my camera because we almost always stop in a church.

Val, honestly I have no idea. we were just walking along the street and then we stoped to say hi to family, next thing I know I am standing behind a group of people and my suegra is saying how nice it would be to walk all the way to the church.

Jackie said...

Very nice photos Lisa! I'm glad your eye is better too. :)

Unknown said...

From what I have learnt from my in laws, the parade was a pilgrimage for the Virgin of Guadalupe. My mothe rin alw went last weekend,too.
The church is absolutely beautiful, I love to visit churches everywhere I go but, I have yet to see the Cathedral of Monterrey.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jackie, I am still stuck in my glasses for a couple of days but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Stephanie, I did not get to see the whole parade but it was fun to see all of them dancing and performing especially the younger ones who would keep turning around to make sure they were doing it right.

Kelsey said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelsey.

Tara said...

The church is gorgeous! Beautiful pics!

Unknown said...

Gracias Tara