Hey everyone I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas weekend. I just wanted to share a slide show of my first Christmas here in Mexico. It was very different from what I am used to. Here only Christmas eve is celebrated and my Christmas day was like any other, in fact I spent the day doing a major cleaning of our room and laundry, fun stuff I know! All day was spent preparing the Pozole, ponche, and pastel that we would be eating.
Our Christmas tree with our gift exchange presents.
A photo of almost the whole family.
Another photo of our gifts
The boys firing off their fireworks out in the front yard.
My suegros. So hard to get smiles out of this family. It took me years to get a smile from Javi.
One of our homemade Pinatas.
After dinner and fireworks we exchanged gifts and hugs at midnight. It was exciting to see everyones faces when they got to open their presents. It was weird not having the smaller kids get gifts though. In the states even if the adults don't get gifts the kids always receive them. Because they don't believe in Santa here the kids don't get their presents until Dia deReyes which I am looking forward to experiencing. After the gift exchange we all had some Ponche and sat around the front yard having a small bonfire, it was pretty cold that night but once we brought out the Pinatas and music all that jumping and dancing around warmed us up.
Love this pix of me n javi.
Overall I really enjoyed my first Christmas here. After last year of being separated from Javi for so long and missing all the holidays together it was so nice to be here with him. It was hard being so far away from my family but I did get to see them, we did a video chat with the whole family. It was great to be able to see everyones faces and wish them a merry Christmas.



8 comments:
Lisa, what a wonderful Christmas you had! It really brought a smile to my face :) It is really difficult spending holidays apart from the one you love, and I am glad you got to experience this one with Javi :)
First of all, you look stunning!
In 6 years, I've never spent Christmas here in Mexico. I do understand that they celebrate Christmas Eve, not so much Christmas, like you said. Kids in Cancun do get presents from Santa, though :)
It looks like you had a great day! It is very different than what we are used to. BTW that is beautiful picture of you guys. You should have it enlarged and framed.
Hola Amiga,
How much fun, I miss spending Christmas & New Year down in Mexico..Love the pics. You have A wonderful New year.
Blessings
You are so beautiful! Great pics. I love the homemade pinata :)
Milena, Thanks so much. I am so glad that I was here also.
Laura, Gracias. That was the only things that really bothered me. It kind of sucked that all the kids had to sit there and watch the adults open the gifts.
Rubireyes, Thank you. I am definetly going to get some pix printed out the next time I go back to the states.
Angie, Gracias Amiga. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year also.
Kelsey, Aww thank you. Isnt the pinata cute. It was more fun busting open the home made one.
I love the pic of you and Javi! Merry Christmas! Looks like a wonderful celebration!
Merry Christmas to you too Tara. I hope you had a wonderful Holiday.
Post a Comment