Favorite Photos

Tuesday, December 13

Drinks, rides, and a hawaiian performance?

Here in our small town there are fiestas being held for the first two and half weeks of December. I believe today is the last day, but Javi wanted me to experience the holidays here and how everything is celebrated. The plaza that is located in the center of town is just not big enough to hold all the people, rides, stage for performers and all the kiosks. So they made a big area right at the edge of town specifically to celebrate this fiesta. Even though the plaza is small some how people still fit in their stands to sell clothes, food and holiday gifts. There was room for smaller rides for the kids, a small stage for family performances and just enough room to squeeze by everything.




You can see how close two of the rides are in the first picture.
We made sure we went a little early because I hate having to
squeeze by everyone and I am not very patient.




Here are two pictures of a little performance that was dedicated to the Virgin, my camera does not take the best pictures at night but I managed to get a few photos.




And only here in Mx, I had to laugh because I was actually watching a performance of  girls  dressed as Hawaiians and dancing.

After walking around the plaza, we had a slice of pizza, enjoyed the Hawaiian performance and headed over to the bigger area of the fiesta, which was more for adults. There were bigger rides, drink stands, a big stage for performers traveling through town and a huge area for dancing.




I loved the colors in the picture, it makes me a little dizzy but t still looks pretty cool.




Me n javi managed to get one picture together.



Javis nephew was taking his turn trying to shoot these tiny little toys off of a shelf.




Javi, thinks he is a professional.


Overall it was pretty fun to experience. We only had a chance to get on one ride because it was to much money. All the performers that came through town were pretty good, one night we actually saw a Selena impersonator who was pretty decent. We were able to enjoy ourselves and the fiesta, and still make it out of there before all the rowdy crowd came in. Only downfall was the fiesta is in the field right behind our house so on the last night we could hear music and fireworks till about 7 the next morning. I was just never that kind of party animal. Me n javi were asleep by 11. LOL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun, if crowded! I'd love to see a Selena impersonator

Estrellita said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I've never seen a Christmas festival of any kind here aside from a scene in Steel Magnolias. I guess it is too cold in the northeast I hope they have them in Tijuana.

Mexi-Can Me said...

Haha, aww that's adorable! I love the Mexican fair! What a great way to start off Christmas! Looks like you guys had a great time!! :)

Jackie said...

I like the photo of you and Javier. :) My girls always want to go to those carnivals, but we've never taken them. Maybe one year we'll do it.

Anonymous said...

The mexpats have all the fun, lol. I would have loved something like that.

Unknown said...

Laura, she was pretty good. She did not sound like her but she was a good singer.

Estrellita, I am sure they have some in Tj or not to far away. I remember being there the week of new years and we went to a mall, it was decorated so pretty for the holidays.

Milena, it was a great way to start of the season. We had a great time, especially experiencing it with his nephew who was in awe of everything.

Jackie, Thank you. It has its moments usually if you go early you get to enjoy it before all the party people come. Javis nephew had a blast, there are just so many things going on at one time.

Rubireyes. LOL. I remember the first time I went to one was a year ago, and I thought oh I cant wait till next year to see it again. Well little did I know there is one going on almost every month in a different town.

Kelsey said...

This time of year was my favorite in El Salvador! We always went to all those festivals and carnivals :) I actually miss it this year. I sure don't miss the gunshot fireworks though!! LOL

Unknown said...

I would not miss that part of it either. Javi and I made sure to go early and still be able to enjoy before all the party people came. You never know what could happen with that many people in one place and everyone drinkin.