Favorite Photos

Friday, December 23

Gripa Gripa go away...

Hey everyone I just wanted to get one more post in before this holiday weekend. I have not been here for a complete month yet and it feels like half of the time I have spent being sick. My eye has finally healed but the weekend after that I came down with la gripa (cold) it has been a week now and I am starting to feel back to normal. This is my first year I will be completely away from my family for Christmas. It feels a little weird being so far away and learning some new traditions.
At least it feels a little like Christmas here, we have a decorated tree in the house and a Nativity set. The house is decorated with lights and so are other houses here in the town. I thought there would be more decorations around the plaza but there are not any at all. The only difference in the center are all the kiosks set up for the holiday shopping. I am not sure how everything works for Christmas eve and day here with Javi's family. Back in the states we would be going over to my moms side of the family and spending Christmas eve with them and then getting up early Christmas day to open presents with my dads side of the family.
  I believe we will be staying here in my suegras house for both days and doing our gift exchange. I am glad Javi suggested it, it makes it feel a little more like Christmas here and I love watching peoples faces when they open their gifts. I am looking forward to spending time with Javis whole family, not all of them get a chance to visit that much and of course enjoying all the yummy food including the tree P's. Pozole, Ponche, y Pastel (made by yours truly). I just wanted to wish my family back in the states a wonderful christmas. I am and will be thinking of you and love you.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful Weekend.

2 comments:

Mexi-Can Me said...

Merry Christmas Lisa!! Mmm your food sounds delicious, you are making me miss Mexico! I hope your cold gets better and you have a great holiday!

xo

Milena

Unknown said...

Thank you Milena, I hope you had a wonderful christmas.