It has been a long trip getting here, but we have arrived me, javier, and the two perros. I could not believe that I was with Javier again, I could finally hug and kiss him whenever I wanted after 8 months apart. I can finally relax a little and enjoy the 6 wks I will be spending here. But anywho let me tell you a little bit about our journey.
It felt like everything that could happen, did, to keep us from traveling. On the 31st of Dec I took our blazer that we bought to travel and began my journey to TJ. After I arrived we took our paperwork for the car in so that we could register it here in mexico under my suegros name. Well because of the long weekend they said that it would not be ready until monday evening around 5. So I guess I am spending the weekend in Tijuana with all my suitcases and the two dogs.
Luckily Javiers family has friends that live in TJ and they said that we could stay with them unitl the paperwork was ready. We made it through the weekend and went to get the papers monday evening and guess what? It was not going to be ready until tuesday evening! So we wait another day pack up our stuff tuesday night and began our journey 4 am wed. Within the first 4 hours we lost some of our luggage that was tied to the top of the truck. We had to pull over and Javier had to get all the bags and tie them up again. All we could do was laugh though, we knew we had a jlong journey ahead of us and we would have to make the best of it. We drove 14 hours that day and finally found a decent hotel in a town called Navajoa. 4 am thursday we were on the road again we got a little lost in Guadalajara because Javier missed our exit from the toll roads. It took us 2 and a half hours longer than it should have to get to his house but we finally arrived at 9pm.
Everyone was worried about us traveling through Mexico especially at night. It was really not as bad as I thought it would be though. We took toll roads almost all the way down here. So the gas and the toll costs really made a dent in our savings but it was safer and we were more comfortable. It took about 28 hours total but we made it fun and tried not to stop so much. When we finally arrived my brother in law said that his internet was down and that it would not be up until tuesday. I started having withdrawls from my blogs and all the others that I enjoy reading everyday. I am glad that I am back though, cant wait to catch up on everyones posts. Oh and I will try and get some pictures up of our trip also.
8 comments:
Glad to here you made it safetly and enjoy getting to know Mexico, and more important enjoy your fiance!
Glad you're safe! Yes, it's interesting traveling with 2 dogs. Ours just sit together and look at each other like what the hell is going on?
thank you!! Yea I thought it would be a lot worse traveling with the doggies but they were quite most of the time and just slept. Rebecca dont worry I am enjoying every minute with him. I missed him making me laugh everyday.
Glad you made it to La Barca safely! :)
Yeah! Glad everyone arrived safely! After reading your post i was reminded of our entry into MX almost 3 years ago. Such an exciting milestone.
I'm so happy to hear you made it! Welcome to Mexico! I can't wait to hear how you're doing.
Great to see the nice photos. Keep us updated. Say hi to Javier and may God keep you safe. - Aunt Angie
Thanks everyone for welcoming us and keeping up to make sure we got here safe. Cant wait to share my adventures.
Post a Comment