Favorite Photos

Monday, January 24

Fishing and the Virgin Mary

My trip is half way over already but I am a little behind on sharing my adventures. So Im gonna try and share two trips in one. The second weekend were here everyone went over to Javiers sisters house because we were going to go fishing and b-b-que at the lake. None of the girls in the family wanted to go fishing so I was the only one out there on the lake with the rest of the guys. I dont really mind being the only girl I am used to it, I always grew up around boys in my family and I used to go fishing with Javi back home in the states. So we started our adventures early in the morning without any fishing rods?  I did not know how this was going to work but I was along for the ride either way.

    
                                                                                    Turns out Javiers brother in law had this huge net with little weights tied to the bottom of it. They wrapped the top of the net around their shoulders and grabbed the bottom of the net, swinging it around they turned and let it go. It was supposed to land in the water in a circle and they had to pull it slowly back, but they did not really know what they were doing. LOL. It was a pretty funny day watching these four boys try and figure it out though.

By the end of the day they had only caught four little baby fish and a canoe. Turns out there was a hole in the bottom of one and they pulled it out of the water. We cooked the little fish, but Javiers mother took some meat, just in case they did not catch anything. Thank God! So the rest of the night turned out great eating good and spending time with the family.

This last weekend Javiers Neice and her husband asked if we wanted to walk up some mountian to where the Virgin Mary was. It was like a little memorial. I said sure, as usual, little did I know how big the mountain would be and what I would be getting my self into. When we drove to the location I thought, oh this will not be that bad. Wrong Answer, Again. We parked the car in some ladys house at the bottom of the hill and before we even started walking up the mountain we had to walk through all the corn fields and cactus to get there. When we finally made it to the mountain I was already starting to get tired and thought there was no way I was going to make it.
One pic from the top of the Moutain
I kept walking anyway and had to make many stops on the way up to catch my breath, I have bad allergy problems so I had to take lots of tissue with me. I was blowing my nose all the way up, hence having to stop so many times to catch my breath. Javier kept telling me to breath through my nose and try to control my breathing. Well duh!! If I could I would. What a big help he was. I finally made it up the mountain an hour later and was happy I did not say anything at the bottom of the mountain and kept walking.  It was a beautiful view and it was something I would have never thought of doing before. There was many candles around the Virgin Mary and photos of so many people that had traveled there to ask for help. Javiers neice poured water over the top rock around the memorial and there was a faint picture in the rock of the Virgin Mary. It was really cool to experience and I will never forget it. And thank God the trip down the mountain was so much easier and faster.  

I am having a little trouble loading my pictures from the mountain so I will have to share the rest of them later. Until then.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaww, I havent been fishing in forever, I used to go with my uncles all the time! My husband went once in his adult life with then didnt catch and decided he would never to it again, at least until we got to Puerto Vallarta where the locals fish of the pier using a plastic coke bottle and string! Looks like you had fun with the boys!

Jackie said...

Sounds like you're a real trooper. And good for you because they were very nice experiences. I would have liked to see the image of the Virgen appear on the rock.

Unknown said...

Meet the family, Yea it was fun with the boys. You cant always count on them to do something stupid to make you laugh. And I bet Javier would love to go fishing in vallarta.
Jackie I took a picture of the rock but It was so hard to get a clear picture. The sun was so bright and the image was very hard to see in the photo, but it was really pretty and great to experience.