I have really been enjoying myself here with Javier and his family and getting to know some of the winter traditions.The first week we arrived Javiers family took me to what is called a Costillo, it is kind of like a carnival / Festival. There is one held in each of the small towns her in Jalisco. We had already missed the one that was held here in our town so we went over to Michoacan to see my first Costillo. There is a concert held in the town center with games, food and drinks. At around 12 they start setting off these huge fire works, they are made in the shapes of hearts, animals, religious pieces and they are constructed on top of eachother and rotate around. It was really exciting and fun to see, this only happens once a year and I am glad I was here to witness it. We had some tacos, a few drinks, and enjoyed time with the family. Next visit we are off to the river to try and catch some fish!!
Javier, me, Neice Lupita and her husband, and Nephew Eduardo
5 comments:
It looks like you're having a great time! Enjoy!
Great to see these wonderful pictures. You two look very happy together. I am very happy for you. Love, Angie
Arent fireworks here crazy, all the spinning and gadgets makes me dizzy! But I love them just the same
Yes we had a great time. The fireworks are crazy here!! We had to step back a few feet from all the sparks and smoke but if was still fun to watch.
Wow Lisa I'm so happy for the two of you. : )
Love Richard and Paul
Post a Comment