There is no birth control better than having to live with a brand new baby. The crying all night and day. Watching the tired parents walk around like zombies for the first week looking so helpless. Watching the pregnancy for the whole nine months and how miserable she looks in the last couple weeks. Listening to how much it hurt. But then again watching your 20 year old niece have her first baby boy while you have not even had one kid kind of makes you think about things. In the last two years there has been 5 new babies within the family on both mine and javi's side. Sometime we think about how much we spoil our new nieces and nephews and why we aren't spoiling our own. Of course it is always nice to be able to spoil and play with them and then hand them over when they start crying, get cranky or when they leave a lovely present in their pants for you. I'm just saying!!
Well last weekend we had Lupitas baby shower, cutting it close of course because she was ten days away from her due date. Early that morning she was saying how uncomfortable she was and not feeling to good. That night she went home looking miserable. The next morning we got a call that she was in the hospital and going to be having the baby that day. She had been there since 5 in the morning and we arrived there around 11. No one was able to go in the room to see her, not even her husband. ( This kind of freaked me out because I always thought that if and when we were going to have a kid I wanted to be here so that I would not have to be away from Javi and not have to travel with a brand new baby). It turns out the baby was born at 11am, we were not told until 1:30 and we would not be able to see her until 4pm wow. A lot of waiting without any updates, kind of sucks for everyone involved but when we talked to her later she said she was fine by herself and did not mind not having everyone there. Hu, who would of thought?
Clothes line from baby shower
Lupita and my suegra
Opening presents, all the cute little clothes.
My thres Leches cake
Front of baby cake made by yours truly
Shot of the back of the cake
New baby on his first day here in the world.
Looks so cute and innocent sleeping (quietly lol)








15 comments:
What a beautiful baby! The screaming baby IS a great form of birth control. I don't miss the 3am feedings or the days of colic at all. Arturo wants a baby. I could barely stay awake when I had my son at 24. I can't imagine doing it at 41.
Did you make the cake? That is impressive!
Awww how sweet! What gorgeous little one she has. And how sweet of you to theow the baby shower (the cakes look great!
Why wasnt he allowed in to see her? There is no way I would have my baby without my husband next to me!! That isnt atandard practice here, isit? Yikes!
Cake is AWESOME!!!! You are one multi talented lady Lisa!!!!! I am going to move near you to take advantage of all of your talents!!! I so wish I was talented!
As for labor and delivery practices here, if you have a baby at the IMSS hospital or the ISSTE, the fatehr is not allowed in the room during birth and from what I have heard, the nurses and doctors are horribly rude to the patients and families.
However, if you have a baby in a private hospital then yes, the father can be in the delivery room.
This was something, I investigated majorly before I had my tubal reversal.
I highly recommend before having a child here or trying to get pregnant, investigate your birthing options where you live. If having the father in the delivery is important to you, check out labor and delivery packages in private hospitals around you, here in Monterrey, they vary from 8000MXN including Dr's fees to 30000MXN NOT including Dr's fees
All of the hospitals around here offer financing options so, I am pretty sure they do in ther cities.
Just a little info for when one of you decide to join me on the TTC side of Mexico! LOL
BTW the baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Estrellita, it is working for the time being.lol. Yes thank you I did make it. Had a lot of practice helping my mom when I was younger.
Im the Mami, I believe it is standard practice here unless you go through private hospitals. Sucks right? We were lucky we had the baby shower, one more day and we wouldn't have made it.
Stephanie, Gracias! Thanks for the info. We were talking about this while my neice was having the baby and my cunada said it was around 15,000pesos I believe for private hospitals. I would rather have javi with me but we will see what happens when the time comes to join that club :)
That's so wonderful of you to make the cake and for getting all those beautiful pictures for them. That is priceless!!
Aww thanks Kelsey. I know when the time comes they will do the same for me, although I will most likely be making my own cake LOL.
The baby and the cake are both beautiful! But all this about father not being allowed in the delivery room is shocking! My mom and mother in law both told me to come back to the states to give birth if I was planning to have another baby. But I always thought to have it here in Mexico so my husband could be there since he missed the birth of our daughter. This is making me think twice though!!! =/
Irma, It bugs me too, but either way I will be without javi. At least if I am here I know he is still there right outside. We will have to see, we always have the option of a private hospital.
Your cakes are AMAZING!!! And the photos are just adorable!
As for the husbands not being allowed in the delivery room, that is TRUE only in the government hospitals. If you're in a private hospital/clinic, they're allowed.
The price depends on if it's a natural delivery or c-section. Four years ago, we paid $13,000 pesos when Francesca was born and she was born naturally in a very nice private hospital.
Wow. This has been a really informative discussion herein your comments!
Stephanie, thanks for the detailed information... I am seriously considering have a home birth, especially since my first two births went so predictably the same. And how fast the labor was with the second, nopoint in trying to make itto the hospital for the third one (LOL). We will be joining your TTC party while still in MX, but probably a couple years after you start (which for you is soon!) .
I wonder if you can have a doctor attend a homebirth here in MX? Good thing I have a lot of time to think this over. ;)
Hey Jackie,Thank you!! Have not heard from you in awhile, hope everythings is well.
Im the Mami, It has been hasnt it. I am learning more with each comment.
Cute cakes!
No kids for us yet, either... I'm too selfish and impatient for kids at this point haha
Laura, thank you. I know what you mean, I have always wanted to have kids young though so its a fine line of being selfish and wanting to start young.
I love your cakes! Very talented! They look great. You should start advertising cakes for special occasions! ;)
What a precious little one!
Congrats to mom. =))
Post a Comment