Denise after getting her hair done.
My cunada y Denise.
Had to get a pix of this. Thought it was too funny.
Fish and shrimp on a stick with chili y limon.
I'm not a big fish person, but everyone else liked them.
I am glad we were able to spend one last day on the beach. It was really relaxing and I think prepared us for what was coming next. Before leaving this cute little town we stopped at a couple shops and picked up some last minute souvenirs. We payed our first payment on the toll roads and about an hour later after heading through all the mountain terrains we were back on some what flat land when the blazer just shut down. Luckily it was still moving and Javi got us far enough off to the side of the road to be out of the way of traffic. We specifically took the toll roads in case something happened to us on the road.
So we are thinking its ok we will call the number on the pamphlet and get a tow truck. So we call and they say they will call back and tell us how far away one is.
Side not : ( The phone services here really suck. Javi has to put money on his phone about every two weeks and rarely makes calls because it costs so much. He had put 50 pesos before we left and with the first call all our money was gone.)
So about twenty minutes later a nice man stops by and makes another call for us. A tow truck comes by but it is not the one from the toll roads. He informs us we are on about 15 miles of road that is not apart of the toll road. WTH Now What? He nicely offers to take us to the next toll booth which is about 5 miles away for free or we could wait for the tow truck which will never come. Javi agrees and he parks us on the side of the road in front of the booth. The federal police are here and tell us that we have to push the car through the toll and pay before we could get the real tow truck to take us some where for free.
Me being the only girl that knows how to drive had to maneuver the car while all the guys and federal police push the car through the pay booth. After we pay and get through the real tow truck finally comes and drops us off at the next town.
My handsome and trusty driver.
View from the top of the tow truck. That's right we were all in the car that was on top of the freakin tow truck. I never in my life thought I would be taking a ride like this and not just once but twice in one day.
Well after we got dropped off this is the sign I saw. The only hotel in town and where we would be spending the night. Fun Stuff right? Well I am glad to say that the place was much nicer than you would think from the looks of this sign. The people were nice, we had hot water, and a bed to sleep in, what more could we ask for right. We made it through the night and Javi was up bright and early the next morning to try and get us home quick. The mechanic took his time getting there and fixing things. We did not end up leaving until around 1230 and we were home about 330 Monday afternoon.
It was a short but very long weekend. It was one I am sure we will not soon forget, but I have to say we had a lot of laughs and a lot of first's here in Mexico. We made it home safely and made some great memories and that's all that really matters.








5 comments:
I agree, great memories make it all worth the bumps in the road! Glad you guys had time to relax before the car problem situation. The tow truck driver was pretty cute!
I loved your pictures and reading all about your vacation!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Wow, crazy weekend!! Sorry about the car, but the view from the truck is beautiful :)
Hola Amiga,
I am glad you guys had fun on your trip love all the pics, and yes the great memories are something to always remember. Take care & Blessings
OMGoodness!!! I bet you just wanted to die when your car broke down!!! What an adventure! One that you won't forget and will bring a smile to your face.
Great photos of the "view" from the tow truck...isn't that amazing how you stay in the car while it's being towed? Only in Mexico, right? And the hotel sign is too funny...I'm glad it was better than the sign looked. I just loved the photo of the baby in the cut out bucket! Mexico's version of a "Bumbo" baby chair. :)
You were probably REALLY happy to arrive home! :)
Now that you've gone on vacation with all of the family, the next time, you and Javi should jump on a bus and have a little get away just the two of you. You'll see how different it'll be. ;)
Tara, Gracias. It was fun sharing. I am glad we had time to relax too It made things much easier.
Laura, LOL isnt it though. Stil cant believe it.
Angie, Hola Amiga. Thank you we definetly had a memorable trip. Take care.
Jackie, It is definetly amazing that you stay in the car. My mother in law was laughing so hard she was crying, she said she will never forget it.It was so good to finally be home.
Javi mentioned to me that next time we take a trip it will be on the bus. So I will be looking forward to it. :)
Post a Comment