Sorry everyone for the long time away. Wow it has been over a month since I've posted. I have been stuck in my daily routine of things here and not much has happened in the last month. We lived with the new baby in the house for a couple of weeks while they got their new place ready. It was interesting helping out with the baths, washing the clothes, feeding and burping, and it nice that even though they slept in the room right next to us the baby he did not keep us up all night. They have been gone for about two weeks now and it seems every time he comes around he is bigger. I wonder how big he is going to look when I get back????
That's right I said get back, I will be leaving this weekend for a trip to the states. I had originally planned on going in the summer, but when I looked at the prices for plane tickets we had to make some adjustments. It works out better this way though because I will be able to be with my mom and grandmothers for Mother's Day and will be back before Javi's Birthday. I have already warned my family that this trip will only be four weeks long because my last trip (ten weeks) was just way to long to be away. I already have my ticket back and it is nice to have a day of coming back to look forward too.
In other news Javi is still working at his same job and has been working really hard. He will go in early or stay late if they ask and has never missed any days because after asking for a better position he wants to prove he can be counted on. Recently he told me that if he was not going to be moved or given any more money that we would soon be opening up some kind of store or traveling and selling clothes or shoes. I know we had this in our future plans but I did not think it would be this soon. I thought maybe we would wait to sell my car back in the states and the blazer that we have here to have some money to get started with. Well luckily he came home the other night and said that he will be training someone new to take over his position so that he can move and possibly be making 30 more pesos a day. This is great news and came at a perfect time. Gives us a little more time to save some money.
Well I just wanted to let you all know I am still alive and kicking and I will be trying to get in a questionnaire before leaving.
5 comments:
Glad to hear from you Lisa! I was wondering what you were up to. So you're going to spend Mother's Day in the States! You lucky girl! Enjoy every minute of it! :)
Congrats to Javi on the raise!
Wish I could take 4 weeks to go to the States haha
Thanks Jackie. I am planning on eating and shopping the whole time I am there. lol.
Laura, Yeah. Yea he confirmed it last night that he will be starting his new position Monday. I know I am pretty lucky to be able to visit so much, but I dont know how much longer that can go on so Im gonna take advantage of it.
I can't wait to go to the States!!! Enjoy every minute of it!!
Thank you Stephanie!! I just got here last night and I am already having a bit of culture shock but thinking about shopping is helping lol.
Post a Comment