Favorite Photos

Tuesday, September 27

30 pounds down and 9 weeks to go

I cant believe I have been here for a week already.  I am planning on staying for about two months this trip and heading back before all the holiday traveling. I know it will fly by and I am going to enjoy my time here as much as I can. Being away from Javi is tough, but I am so thankful that I installed  the video chatting on our laptop in MX. Of course it is not the same as being there with him but it makes it easier being able to see his face. I did have to give him a little lesson on computer basics before I left and make him his own email address, but at least he is able to do everything on his own now.

Since I have been back I have been able to visit with my moms side of the family and go to a couple doctors appointments with my grandma. Speaking of my grandma she is still being a trooper and it is getting closer to the day of her surgery. We have finally been given a date and it will be in early October, so not to much longer. Poor thing is so nervous, I could not imagine how she feels, we have decided not to tell her what the day is until she is only about a week away, because what is the point in making her stress out more. There is nothing she can really do to prepare anyway until a few nights before. So until then we will figure out some fun things to do to keep her busy.

In other news, lol, I have been able to keep up with my workouts while I am here. When I left I was finally able to run a full mile and a half without stopping. I could not believe I was able to get that far without having to take a brake. So I have been keeping up with my three miles on the treadmill in the mornings at least three days a week. It was so hard getting back into that mode where I actually wanted to work out, but I am so thankful to be there. I have also started drinking my protein shakes again. This is actually what I did to start my whole weight loss program a year ago. The protein shake makes me full throughout the day and it helps me build muscle while I work out. Only bad part was seeing the affects on the scale. It takes about a week for the protein to get into my system and kind of even out before I can start losing weight. So in the meantime I have gained three pounds since I have been back as a result. Oh well just have to keep it in the back of my mind that I will eventually see results again. I am very proud to say that I lost 30 pounds!! It took me a year but I did it. My first goal was 20, second 30 and now I want to lose about 15 more pounds to get to my big goal, but now I have the confidence to keep going. Yea!!!!!


7 comments:

Estrellita said...

That's awesome! Congratulations. It's so hard to get started, but the results are always encouraging.
Best wishes to you and your Grandmother. I'll be thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Estrellita, gracias. It is very hard to get started, but once I did get back it is kind of hard to go back to feeling like crap. lol.
And thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing Lisa. I wish I had the willpower to lose that much weight. You are an inspiration.
I bet you are a great comfort for your Grandma right now. I'll be adding her to my prayers.

Contessa said...

Wow ! Great job. I lost 50 lbs on Weight Watchers....keep on with your plan. Your body will be so much happier.

Good luck to your Grandmother.

Moving to Nayarit/Mazatlan said...

Hola Amiga,

Congratulations and keep it up...take care & hugs!

Unknown said...

Rubireyes, Thank you. That means alot.

Contessa, wow congrats. When I was first starting my diet I was kind of following the weight watchers rules but still needed to do it my way.

Angie, Gracias Amiga.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!

Jackie said...

Wow! That's fantastic Lisa! Way to go! Enjoy being back in Cali.