Favorite Photos

Thursday, September 15

Parque Aquatico

It is about time for me to leave again so javi  and his family took me on one last adventure to the parque aquatico  (water park) close to town. It was not as cheap as we would have liked, but it was a nice day to get away and enjoy time together. Javi was dreading going because he said the last time he had been here there was only one pool and a kids area, but was pleasantly surprised when we found out they have been expanding. There are now about three seperate areas for the little kids, one big pool, and four different areas with huge water slides.

The park was really nice and clean, there was more than one area to shower/ change/ and banos. Tons of chairs and sitting area, and a restaurant inside the park. You definetly get what you pay for, so it was worth it. We packed up some ensalada, refrescos, and fruit and went on our way. We we spent most of the day in the area where a machine makes waves in the water like you are at the beach. It was cute to watch his niece who is just shy of a year enjoy her first time in the water. I had to gather up some courage to go down the water slides, I like going down, but I cant stand walking up the stairs to the top, I have a fear of heights and it just freaks me out.

Since I have been here these last three months my skin had actually turned more pale. I dont think I have ever been this light during the summer time, I used to be a little river rat and loved getting tan during the summer. Since I have not seen much sun these last couple months and we could not buy a bottle of sun tan lotion I fried like an egg. My skin was red and irritated for about three days and now my back is starting to peel, but at least I will go back to the states with a little bit of color. One other downfall from the water park was when I got water in my ears which would not come out at all. I swear I could not hear for about three days until they finally popped. Very annoying!! But other than that I have had a great time since I've been here and will miss everything when I leave, It is such a bittersweet feeling. Until next time Happy Mexican Independence Day!!









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend the day. Have a safe trip back the states.

Moving to Nayarit/Mazatlan said...

Hola Amiga,

That looks like a lot of fun. Hope that you have a great trip back to the states! Cuidese y muchas bendiciones!

Unknown said...

Muchas Gracias Amigas!!!

Trinidad Salamanca said...

Wow I wanna go there! Everything looks so nice and clean and Fun! Sad to hear you are going back and wont be able to be with Javi, I know how hard that is. At the same time I know you love your family very much and need to get back. Hang in there friend. :)

Jackie said...

What a nice way to spend the day. I'm sure they're going to miss you. Do you know for how long you'll be in the States?

Anonymous said...

Love the mountain views in the background :)

Unknown said...

Trinidad, I was really surprised by how clean it was, it was refreshing. Gracias!

Jackie, I believe I will be going back the last week of nov, but It all depends on how my grandma is doing.

Laura, Isnt it so pretty, they really put it in a great spot, at one point we saw all the cows grazing up the mountain,