Man it is a lot of work to have a garage/yard sale! Gathering all the stuff, getting up early to set up, dealing with all the people that don't want to pay more than 50 cents for anything, and having to put everything back that did not sell. I had one sale last weekend and I am planning on doing it again this Saturday. I am trying to save up money for our move to Mexico but since I have still not been able to rent out the house is not looking to good. We are planning on living with Javier's parents for awhile so he figured we should just sell as much as we could and use the money to start a business or save to find a place down there. Thank god I have my Cunada with me to help out with all the chaos. At least I am getting a lot of practice in for my Spanish speaking skills trying to sell all my stuff! Over the years of being with Javier and growing up with Spanish speaking grandparents I have picked up a few things here and there and can definitely understand it much better than I can speak it, but I always thought it was funny that people just assume I speak the language. Of course I would have loved to learn when I was little but I guess it will come to me eventually. Well it better because now I have no Choice!!!!!!
5 comments:
Good luck with the move! I am living with my husbands parents and it works out well for us. They have a large house and it means extra help with our son 8)
Ok, girl, here is the article with tips on having a successful garage sale I told you about:
http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/04/having-a-successful-garage-sale.html
And my blog (for saving money and pinching every penny until your big move!) is at http://www.thegeekysaver.com
it was nice meeting you today! I'll be praying for you and Javier. :)
Thank you so much kim, we need all the prayers we can get. I know all the saving will really help us out. It is very much appreciated. There was only one thing I forgot to mention, nothing is set in stone yet so my employers dont know any details about the move. I figured I should wait and see what happens before I talk with them about it. Thanks for the advice and all the money saving tips. Hoped you liked the dentist they are really good people DR. Natalie and Dr. Todd.
You probably know this already, but La Barca is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from GDL. I have a sister-in-law that lives there and she comes to GDL almost every weekend. I've never been there before, have you? Everything is going to be just fine, you'll see.
Aww your so sweet thank you! And well the first time me and Javier went to visit his parents together we actually flew from Tj to GDL. His family said that was the cheapest way, and that it was close to where he lives. I did not actually get to see much of the city though. His family picked us up in the evening and we went straight to the airport on my way back home. I believe it took us two hours to get there maybe a little more.
Post a Comment