This time last year Javier and I found out that we had just gotten our new home, we were moving all of our stuff and getting ready to spend Christmas together in the new casa. We painted the whole house, Javier put all new kitchen counters and back splash in my kitchen(+) Javier is very handy around the house, put in new carpet and had enough furniture for us two and Javier's little boy. It was a great way to start the new year together.
In the meantime before we got our house we were in some pretty tight space, in a room we were renting from his sister. These photos are actually from when Javier and I were living in the little room attached to his sister"s house. We were there for two years trying to save money to get something bigger for us and Javier's little one. The bathroom was so small I could not open my arms completely, definitely room for only one person at a time and by the end of the two years we had absolutely no more room for anything.
Adrianna, Me and the boys.
Now one year later I am moving all our stuff back to his sister's house. We are trying to sell everything at all the yard sales we have been having every weekend. It has been tough to see everything we have worked for be taken / given away in such a short period of time. Now, looking back at how so much has changed just in one year makes me think of how happy we were in that little room just us three watching movies, all cuddled in one big king size bed and spending the holidays and everyday for that matter, together. This Christmas we will not be together, but I am hoping everything works out this month and we will be spending New Years together with his family. I believe everything happens for a reason, I have faith, my family and Javier's and know that we will be OK no matter what. I just needed to reminisce a little and think of all the fun and adventure we will be having in the New Year!!!
Mexico here we Come!!


6 comments:
Good things are waiting for you in Mexico. I will celebrate 19 years of living here in January. I don't think we would ever go back to the States to live. Never say never though.
Praying for you. Things are not bad here. I am enjoying the laid backness.
Thanks for the support ladies!!
You will find many blessings here in Mexico. I've been here 10 years and absolutely love it. :)
Hi Lisa!
Great to find your blog! I, too, will be joining the Mexpat world later this year as I'm engaged to a wonderful Mexican man with a wedding in May this year!! :) Would love to connect on FB so all us amigas can stick together! Find me at http://www.facebook.com/aboutamber
(oh-i mention all things mexico on my page except the move... my coworkers that are on FB are not in the loop on the move... heheheh :) )
I look forward to connecting! Buena suerte!!!! You got this....WE got this! :)
All the best,
Amber from Charlotte,NC
Thanks amber and glad to find another friend on this journey. I will look you up on facebook! Hope all the wedding planning is going well. take care!
Post a Comment