Favorite Photos

Wednesday, February 29

Vacation = The good, the bad, and the ugly Day 1.

     So our little two nights and three days vaca turned out to be quite the little adventure. We started out early Friday morning leaving around 4am. Poor Javi did not get much sleep because his body was used to not going to bed until five in the morning. After getting the car packed up we headed off to Guadalajara on the regular highway. We were told by Javi's uncle who regularly visits here, there is a highway that actually circles the city, so that we would not have to drive all the way through. After we got out of GDL we jumped on the autopista that would take us all the way to Puerto Vallarta. We did not want to take a chance of getting lost through all the small towns so we figured it would be better to spend the money on the autopista an save gas money and time. It took us between five and six hours to make it there. The autopista cost around 200 pesos one way but it was a nice road and we felt safer.
 About an hour before arriving in PV we stopped at a little tourist area called  Rincon de Guayabitos. Javier told me that someone brought him here when he was younger and he really liked the beach. I tried looking for hotels here but did not have much luck. The beach was gorgeous, soft sand, the waves were slow enough for us to get in and feel comfortable.



It was a little cloudy when we first arrived but just feeling the fresh beach
air was great. I miss being able to drive down to the beach whenever I feel like it..



Javi and I when we first arrived in Guayabitos.



View of all the beach, street vendors and tables that were being rented.



Javi's family does not like taking photos but they know how I am and
pose for me now.


After stopping for lunch we left for the last leg of the trip. The road had so many curves and heavy hills through the mountains to get there, and after five and half hours we were all just ready to get to our hotel and relax a little. Well little did we know what we were getting ourselves into. The description of the hotel was nothing like what we saw. There was no parking, only one way in and out of the hotel and they are watching everything. I made the mistake of not changing the number of people on the reservations so they charged us 100 pesos per extra person, per night. If I could have cancelled I would have, but we payed for it online and there would be no refund. So we paid the prices for the extra people, tv remotes, and towels. I am not joking about all this it was ridiculous.

Oh I forgot to mention on the last leg of the trip the brakes starting making a terrible noise, so after all the troubles with the hotel room, Javi dropped us off at the beach and went to check in with a mechanic. It was 1000 pesos for new brakes, we would have never made it back with the ones we had. So a few hours into our trip and we our already spending a lot of money.


First beach stop, really rocky beaches in PV. I was so excited to get in the water but
could not walk all the way in because of all the rocks, Javi's parents would not get in the water.



The baby loved the water.


It was a really pretty view though.


Loved this photo of my cunada and denise.


My suegros posing by the water.

We spent a few hours at the beach, a couple in the pool at the hotel and then got all dressed up to go out to the Malecon. I remember walking here when I was younger on a trip with some girls. It is much nicer now, kind of like walking down the boardwalk in Santa Monica or long beach.  Javi's family was surprised at all the white people there were walking around. I thought it was funny but it was nice seeing all the fast food restaurants and stores that I miss seeing back in the states. It was a nice walk on the beach and on the way back we stopped at Subway and had a meatball sub. Yumm but expensive 100 pesos for one foot long.


Denise posing for the camera.


Family photo on the Malecon.


Me n javi.




 Virgin made out of sand, really pretty.


This was pretty cool, not a statue. I dont know how he was
holding himself up for so long.


Another photo of me n Javi.

End of the night before heading back to the hotel.

The first day was a little bit of a roller coaster ride but we got through it. There was a few more days of this ride though so I will be back with more stories and pictures for you.

7 comments:

Tara said...

WOW! That sounds like an eventful start. I can't believe the hotel charged you extra for towels and remotes, etc... CRAZY The beach looks gorgeous. I love the pics of everyone, especially you and Javi. Can't wait to read more.

Unknown said...

Beautiful place!!!
Looks like it was an interesting and fun day!!!

shelliemarie said...

The first day looked awesome!! I love guayabitos!! Such a gorgeous beach <3 we too did not have much luck finding a hotel there tho. :( Definitely need to plan in advance but a super nice town for sure.

Gringation Cancun said...

The beaches at Guayabita and PV look beautiful!

I see your Mexican in-laws also have "no smiling in photos syndrome". :)

Unknown said...

Tara, isn't that crazy. I could not believe it, but we did not really have another choice other than paying. Thank you, the beaches were really pretty.

Stephanie, It was definetly interesting. LOl. Lots of stories to remember.

Shelliemarie, for sure gorgeous beach, It was like a mini PV which his family liked. They are much more laid back, I wanted to go dancing but it was a family trip so I had to hold myself back. LOL

Laura, It took me years to break Javi of that syndrome. They are slowly starting to come around though. The beaches were really pretty in both areas, but if we went back we would go to Guayabitos for the beaches, and PV for the nightlife.

Jackie said...

I love the title of your post! LOL! So sorry to hear about the not-so-good part of your trip, but your photos are great. And I'm sure you'll never forget this. Hopefully next time you and Javier can get away just the two of you.

Unknown said...

Jackie, thank you. Im hoping we can get away alone too, but its so hard to not feel guilty doing something like this and knowing none of them will also get to enjoy it.