I can not believe it has already been a year since my I celebrated my first holiday here in Mx. If you don't remember there is a little reminder here as to how we celebrated our first Levantamiento de Nino Dios. During Christmas the baby Jesus was placed in the Nativity and on Feb 2 we are supposed to wake him up and we walk around the room with him giving everyone a chance to kiss him on the head. After, there is food served and tons of goodies given out. Last year Javi and I were the padrinos so we had to provide the majority of the goody bags. We had a lot more people here to celebrate with us and we had to do it a little early because of Javi's work hours. So I thought I would share a few photos with all of you from the night.
I was asked to carry around the baby Jesus
As I carried him around the room my two helpers(nephews) carried a bell and a candle.
After you kissed his head you could grab a dulce off of the tray.
These were our bags, my nieces helped me put together.
These were a few of the other bags people brought over.
The one in the middle javi said looked cute and like it had something good in it
so he was trying to make sure he got a few for us. Well it turns out all it had was a box of
juice in it. I thought it was pretty funny when he was so disappointed.






5 comments:
I'm a little jealous that you get to participate in such a beautiful ceremony. I would love to do something like that here. Great pics!
Thank you. Im sorry, I wish you could too. That is one thing that I love about Mexico, all the celebrations and traditions.
I've only heard about this tradition from reading your blog and I like it a lot.
Your Javier looks like he's ready to hold a baby in his arms. ;)
Too funny about the "juice" good bag!
Jackie, I had never heard about this holiday until I moved here but I love learning about and celebrating all of them.
Its funny last year there was two new babies and by summer we will have two more in the family. Everyone in my family thought that we would have had one already. Maybe next year!
Mmmm . . . I love the bed of cookies! It's good to be Chuchin! ;)
Post a Comment