Favorite Photos

Wednesday, November 30

Back to the land of...

    I am back, to land of no heaters (freezing my tooshi off), where you walk everywhere or ride your bike, have tortillas with every meal, sometimes take cold showers, and get attacked by mosquitos. I am home, here with Javi and my new family. I had a great time in the states being able to visit my family and was able to be with my grandma during her surgery. Im very blessed that we did have enough saved up to be able to travel back and forth so much this last year. While in the states I drove my car around as much as I could, shopped, ate turkey, took many photos, ate fast food, and got to  hang out with everyone.

    I have to say that I did miss Mexico though. I think I was ok, soaking everything in until about the fifth or sixth week and then it just hit me that I wanted to be back home with Javi. I was away for a total of ten weeks and I am so glad that I spent so much time with my family, but I dont think I will be able to stay away this long for my future visits. Even after everything that has happened I am grateful that I dont have any regrets or resentment toward Javi or my decision to move. It is hard being away from everything that was all I ever knew, but I did not want to jump into this journey afraid of being open to everything new and what would be my new future. I wanted to jump in with both feet and just enjoy, learn, and love everything that my future has in store for me.

    The land where "el gas" is waking you up at 7 am, Dora is teaching you english instead of spanish, there is always some kind of vehicle driving around with delicous food inside, festivals every month, your hanging your laundry on the line, tacos on every corner, and where you will recieve a buenas dias, tardes, or noches no matter where you are. This is the land I must call my new home and I am sure I will one day be writing a post about all the things that drive me crazy here, but for now I will just enjoy the part of this culture that I am coming to love and be ready to accept with open arms whatever is next.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It is good that you have come to accept this so early in your journey!

Being positive is definitely something I find very helpful. While it is not always easy to do, I find it makes life better.

I'm sure you are more than happy to be back home. I know exactly how you feel. Visiting is fun, but home is definitely where I want to be.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!

It will drive you crazy eventually. Then you'll get over it and feel normal again :)

Leslie Harris said...

Awww! I love this post, Lisa! As time goes on, you'll find yourself falling more and more in love with this beautiful country we call home. That's not to say there won't be bad days, but you'll have many more good days than bad. :)

Welcome home! :)

Tara said...

I'm so glad you are back home enjoying time with your hubby and being back in Mexico. Ya know, we become "who we are" from our experiences and Mexico is now in your heart it sounds like.
Great post!

Unknown said...

Welcome home! I have come to love living here, after all of the problems I have had and know I will still have in the future but, this country surpasses with culture all it lacks in technology!

Jackie said...

Welcome back Lisa! I see over on the side that you and Javi have an anniversary just around the corner!

Kelsey said...

I love those little things like how everyone says "buenas dias, etc" as well! I'm glad you had a good time away to take in as much American stuff as you need to get through this next stint :) And now you are with your man and that's the best! I hope you continue to enjoy yourself. It's definitely a different world there, good and bad...

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful how you have been able to embrace your new life with out any bitterness. For some of us I think it takes a bit longer. But in the end life is really about living it to its fullest and that is best acheived with the one you love at your side. Very inspiring post.

Unknown said...

Valarie, I totally agree. It is very hard to keep the positive attitude, but just makes things so much easier.

Laura, I am waiting for that time to come, it was really a big help reading all the blogs of the good and bad here to help prepare me.

Leslie, Aww thank you. That is true and the good definetly outways the bad.

Thank you Tara, I believe that also and I think it has already changed me for the better.

Unknown said...

Stephanie, gracias. It really does, me n javi were just talking about that last night, how everything is written by hand and even when there are computers used it is usually not done the right way.

Jackie, Thank you. Yes we are one day away from our five year anniversary. It has definetly gone by fast.

Kelsey, Yes it is way different and I think that is part of the charm of what I enjoy.

Rubireyes, Thank you so much. Its so much easier with javi by my side, I am actually surprised by myself that it did not take me a little longer to feel this way.