Favorite Photos

Monday, October 24

MIA Checkup

Hey everyone I know I have been missing for about two weeks now. There has been kind of a lot going on. First of all I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the thoughts and prayers that were sent our way. My grandma's surgery went better than expected. They were able to remove all of the cancer and last week we were told that all the pathologies that were taken were not cancerous. We are so grateful for this outcome. This morning we found out she will be getting out of the hospital this week. My grandma is so much stronger than she lets on and we are more hopeful looking toward her recovery.
On another note I am missing Javi everyday, it has been five weeks now. I have to say I am loving my video chatting, it is much easier being able to see each other while we are so far apart. It seems like me and Javi are going through very similar situations right now. As my grandma is getting out of the hospital his will be going in. She is having a problem with her lungs and will also be going through surgery. We will now be sending our prayers back down across the border. It is so hard to be so far apart and not be able to hug each other during these tough times, but I think everything that is going on is just making us stronger and more appreciative of each other and everything that we do have in our lives.

Lastly I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Early Halloween. Hope everyone has a safe and great holiday. I will be leaving you with two creepy photos.




6 comments:

Moving to Nayarit/Mazatlan said...

Hola Amiga,

Glad to hear that everything went well, Thank God. I am totally with you on how you feel wen apart and far away from our loved one, it's very hard Lisa but just hang in there and soon you will be able to give him lot's of hugs and you will not remember the lonely moments.
Blessings & Hugs

Unknown said...

So true, muchas gracias Angie. Looking forward to those days is whats keeping me going.

Contessa said...

You are stronger for going thru this. Hugs to your grandmother and prayers to Javi's

We just arrived on Mazatlan today and I just found out that my Mom back in Canada meeds open heart surgery soon, no date yet. Don't know what I will do yet. so tired from all the driving.

Unknown said...

Oh my Gosh, Contessa I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I hope everything goes just as smooth as it did for my grandmother.
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, just saw this post! Glad your gma is doing better, and I hope you can make it back to Mexico soon

Unknown said...

Thanks Laura, she is doing great. I am so excited, I am actually going back pretty soon, I cant wait.