Favorite Photos

Tuesday, August 23

A little of this and that

So there has not been too much going on the last couple of weeks. Mostly just the normal day to day stuff. Javi is still here with me and off of work. They said he could possibly be having surgery this week but they dont give us a day, time, or directions. The way things work here at IMSS really sucks.

(Sorry I have not been able to give you any information Jackie, I know we wanted to try and get together this visit but I am not sure if that is going to be possible the way things are looking right now. I wish I knew more information, it is driving me crazy that I dont)

While Javi's been home he's turned into my personal trainer and is making me work out 3 days a week. He found me a track to run on a week after I told him I was not feeling good. We have been running three miles every time we go and doing other small workouts after. Recently I have been trying to do four miles, a little more everytime. I cant tell you how much better I feel about myself now. It is amazing what a little workout can do for my mind and stress levels. Not to mention my waistline. Yeaahhh. I might make my goal by the end of the year if I can keep up with my workouts.

On another note I have purchased my ticket to go back to the states. They believe my grandma will be having her surgery at the end of September or begining of October. So I will be traveling back on Sep 17.  My grandma is still being a trooper and staying strong, they have taken her off her radiation treatments so hopefully she will be having more good days.

I thought I would leave you all with a few pix from our last sunday night date en El Centro / La plaza. I will miss these when I leave.  Sorry my camera takes horrible pictures at night.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!

Wow, 3 miles! I don't think I could run more than half a mile haha I've been going to the gym for months and it's going great, but I just started doing cardio stuff this week. Good for you :)

Moving to Nayarit/Mazatlan said...

Hola Lisa, looking Good Amiga keep it up :)
I just love to go to la plaza, it's so nice to see toda la familia reunidad and just having a great time!

Jackie said...

Don't worry about us trying to get together Lisa. I totally understand. I hope everything goes well with Javier's surgery. Good for you and your work outs! And I love your photos from your "Sunday Night Date!"

Unknown said...

Laura, Gracias. Good for you too. It is so hard to get in that mode where I actually want to work out, so I am glad Im finally there, and I cant run the whole thing without stopping a couple times to catch my breath but all little more each time.

Angie, Hola Amiga, Thank you. I love sundays at the plaza too. It is so nice that having a couple hours off with the fam.

Jackie, Gracias!! Javi hates taking pictures but I usually have my camera attached to me so he has had to get used to it.