Javi and his nephew took a fishing trip early this week and caught about 50 fish. They were not big but there was enough to feed all of us. So we packed up the car and stuffed all ten of us in our blazer and off we went. I can not remember the name of the town but, they had a very nice park with a play area for the kids and an extra area with exercise equipment. We actually went in the middle of the day on wed. If we were back in the states something like this would most likely not happen. Over there events are usually done on weekends. That is one thing that I love, most of the family took a couple hours off from what they had to do and all gathered for a trip to the park. It was a nice relaxing couple of hours to laugh, play and enjoy some great food.
These were a couple of the exercise tools.
Nice covered area to eat and cook the food.
Lots of space for many parties.
I caught Javi in his uniform while the boys were playing.
Some of the guys and the playground.
Half of the fish that we fried. Yummy!!
Cute pix of denise and Javi taking a walk.
View of the town from the park. I kind of wished we would drive around
and check out the town, but not enough time for everything.
I cant resist the pix of this little one.
10 comments:
Hi Lisa!
My husband would love this post! He's a fisherman and would be astounded that 50 fish were caught! He would want to fly right down there and try his own fishing luck! I adore the pics you included. The little town looks like a lot of fun to explore!
I would love to learn more about your little corner of the world!
Beth
What a great way to spend a Wednesday afternoon! I like all the trees in the park too. They sure caught a lot of fish...did they use a net?
Looks like a great way to spend an afternoon! How do you eat those fish?
That park looks great, and the town looks stunning! I wish we had mountains here in the Yucatan Peninsula.
I looooove fried fish :)
I love the photos! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Hi Beth, Welcome and thanks for joining me on my journey. I was amazed also at how many fish the boys came home with. I wish we could have traveled around a little more, I would have loved to get some shots of the town.
Jackie, all the trees were beautiful, I felt like I was eating in the middle of a forest. They did not use a net, they had three fishing poles and Javi said there was so many he caught a few by hand!
Barb, I am very cautious about eating fish. I am afriad of eating the tiny little bones, but javi just bite right into it and ate it like that. Yikes!
Laura, I wish we were closer to this town because the view was really pretty of all the green lush mountains. I am not a huge fish person but I have to say the fried fish is not so bad.
Tell the Journey, Thank you, I love taking pictures of everything, whenever we go somewhere I have to take my camera with me.
Does he eat the head and guts and everything? They're so little, how would he just eat the sides? I grew up landlocked and we never ate fish so I'm afraid I'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to certain fish.
Barb, after he caught the fish he brought them home and cleaned them up. Scrapping the sides of the fish and taking all the insides out. They are very little. Dont feel bad, I did not know anything about preparing fish either. And now that I know I really dont want to help. I will just put some lime juice and salt to prepare it but someone else can do the other stuff. Because they are so small he says he can just bite right into it and eat the whole thing, but if it was bigger he would pull it apart and just eat the meat from the fish and pick out the little bones.
He eats the head, too? That's just gross...lol.
Tell me about it. I'm the one that has to watch him eat it! LOL.
Post a Comment