Favorite Photos

Monday, May 2

Do you want the Good News or the Bad?

Don't you hate when people ask you this question? Personally I always choose the bad first but in this case I'm going to share the good news, just because it is short and sweet. Well while writing my last update Javi and I were getting ready to start everything off there in Mexico right? Well, Surprise Surprise I am back here in the states. So lets start off with the good news: Javi got his call back from the Meat factory and thank God because he really needed to start working after a year I think he was starting to go a little crazy. Yeah !! I am so excited but of course the way our lives have been going, good news can only last so long until something else comes up.

 Now to share the bad news of why I am back here in the states. Well for the last couple of months my grandma has not been feeling very well and was always terrified to go to the doctor. The family has been telling her for months that she needed to go and see what is going on. She finally decided to go in the middle of March and they of course did not think anything of her symptoms she described and just gave her some medications. Well about a week or two after that she started to get even worse and my mom and aunt took her back to the doctors and explained to them in more detail what was really going on with my grandma and they decided to run some tests and last week we found out that she has Colon Cancer. UUUgghhh. My poor grandma she is in so much pain now and cant do that much all she can do is sleep with all the medication she taking. I feel so bad for my mom and aunt because they are there with her all the time doing everything for her and for my grandpa. The first doctor told us that the tumor was so big that they did not know if there was anything that they could do. It was so heartbreaking to hear this news and not be able to be here with my mom and grandma when they found out. So of course Javi and I decided I needed to come back ASAP.

Well the last update with a cancer specialist we found out that they may be able to do surgery and hopefully remove the tumor. He gave my family a little more hope and at least now my grandma says she is ready to fight. Unlike before. And good thing to because the doctor said she has a long road ahead of her and needs to stay strong and be ready to fight. So this week will  be finding out when she can have the surgery and go from there. Oh and then on top of that my grandma has a big infection in one of her teeth and has to go get it pulled this week. Poor thing cant get a break!! Well even though my trip out here was not for good news I am just thankful that we still had a little money from my last trip here and that I could come back to be with my family. I thank God to be able to be here with them and I'm praying that everything will be OK. I am asking everyone to please keep my grandma in your thoughts and prayers please. Thank you.
Me and my Grandma for my 21-st bday.

14 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Oh, Lisa! I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. (((Hugs!)))

Unknown said...

Congrats on your hubby's job and you and your grandma are in our prayers. Enjoy your extra time in the States.

Trinidad Salamanca said...

So sorry to hear about this Lisa. Having a tooth ache on top of it all is just awful, I will pray that your grandma remains strong.

I would just like to say this. My grandmother fell ill about 1 month ago, we were told that she was on her death bed. She had several infections pneumonia, colon infection, bladder infection, and the list goes on. She was so weak from all of the medications she was taking and not eating so she did not look good.

My whole family was beside themselves, it was just awful but somehow she got better. When things looked to be their worst, God heard our prayers and she pulled through. Right now she is at a convelescent hospital for round the clock therapy and so she can get her strength back to return home.

I know it will be hard, but keep a positive attitude. Your grandma will need all of the support she can get. I will keep your grandma and family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Enjoy your time with your family, congrats to Javi, and I hope your gma gets better ASAP.

Unknown said...

@ Leslie, Thank you so much it means alot.

@ Stephanie, Thank you for the prayers and I will definetly enjoy the time here as much as possible.

@ Trinidad, Thanks so much for the prayers. Im sorry to hear about your grandma too, but glad to hear that she pulled through and is getting better.

@ Gringation, Gracias!

One Small Voz said...

Will be praying for your grandma, Lisa.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Leah the family and I really appreciate all the prayers from everyone.

Rebecca said...

So sorry about your Grandma. Praying for her and your family.

Kelsey said...

Thinking of you and your family!

Unknown said...

Rebecca and Kelsey Thank you for the thoughts and prayers they are greatly appreciated.

Jackie said...

Oh Lisa...I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm glad that you were able to get back to the States though and be with your family. At the same time I'm glad to hear that Javier found a job. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jackie. I am so glad Javi got a job too, we got very lucky with many things this last week.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry about your Grandma, prayers are with her right now xxx

Unknown said...

@Joeandharry Thank you very much.