Back Home
Well I have been MIA for the last week getting settled in here again. I wish I could say the trip getting here was a good one but after the plane was three and a half hours late I was not too happy. I was supposed to land around 630, I think we finally got in the car to head home around 1030. Lets just say it was a very long day for me. I am so excited to be back though and to start our life together finally. To some degree it feels like I never left but since my last visit it has been so much hotter here. After being in the rain and wind back in cali it has been a big adjustment. Not to mention the moscos. They are driving me crazy!! In the last two days I have been bitten over 10 times. OOhhhh so itchy!!
I know you are not supposed to scratch but its so hard not to. Besides repelant does anyone have any good ideas to keep them away, Im willing to try anything. Well anywho since I had left Javi has been working at a gas station on and off. It is not a full time job but they call him when they need someone to fill in. He has not worked since I have been back though. We have been trying to get all his paperwork together for another job opening that has come about. It is for a position in a meat factory, he would have to cut and package the meat I believe but we will see what happens but hopefully he gets a phone call soon.
One thing I thought was interesting though was when I drove with Javi to get his drivers license. We had to be there at nine in the morning and good thing I took a book with me because we did not get back home until two o clock. First thing in the morning everyone had to go into a room and watch a video that would help them pass the test. After they had to go to a parking lot to take a driving test. Well you would think that you would bring your car so that you could pass a driving test right? Wrong, half of the people taking the test had to use our blazer because they did not have a car of their own. The teacher set up two cones a couple feet apart in the parking lot and everyone had to take their turns trying to parallel park. Half of the people did not pass this part of the test and one guy did not even know how to turn the truck on. I felt bad because while you took your turn everyone was standing on the side watching to see if you would pass. Talk about working under pressure. Javi was done in two minutes thank God and then we had to wait about two more hours for him to take the test on the computer, take his photo, and his fingerprints. One good thing was they just hand you your drivers license before you leave. Well that has been my excitment for the week, hope I wil be sharing some good news with you for my next post.
Adios!
Well I have been MIA for the last week getting settled in here again. I wish I could say the trip getting here was a good one but after the plane was three and a half hours late I was not too happy. I was supposed to land around 630, I think we finally got in the car to head home around 1030. Lets just say it was a very long day for me. I am so excited to be back though and to start our life together finally. To some degree it feels like I never left but since my last visit it has been so much hotter here. After being in the rain and wind back in cali it has been a big adjustment. Not to mention the moscos. They are driving me crazy!! In the last two days I have been bitten over 10 times. OOhhhh so itchy!!
I know you are not supposed to scratch but its so hard not to. Besides repelant does anyone have any good ideas to keep them away, Im willing to try anything. Well anywho since I had left Javi has been working at a gas station on and off. It is not a full time job but they call him when they need someone to fill in. He has not worked since I have been back though. We have been trying to get all his paperwork together for another job opening that has come about. It is for a position in a meat factory, he would have to cut and package the meat I believe but we will see what happens but hopefully he gets a phone call soon.
One thing I thought was interesting though was when I drove with Javi to get his drivers license. We had to be there at nine in the morning and good thing I took a book with me because we did not get back home until two o clock. First thing in the morning everyone had to go into a room and watch a video that would help them pass the test. After they had to go to a parking lot to take a driving test. Well you would think that you would bring your car so that you could pass a driving test right? Wrong, half of the people taking the test had to use our blazer because they did not have a car of their own. The teacher set up two cones a couple feet apart in the parking lot and everyone had to take their turns trying to parallel park. Half of the people did not pass this part of the test and one guy did not even know how to turn the truck on. I felt bad because while you took your turn everyone was standing on the side watching to see if you would pass. Talk about working under pressure. Javi was done in two minutes thank God and then we had to wait about two more hours for him to take the test on the computer, take his photo, and his fingerprints. One good thing was they just hand you your drivers license before you leave. Well that has been my excitment for the week, hope I wil be sharing some good news with you for my next post.
Adios!
7 comments:
WELCOME BACK! I'm so happy for you!
As for the "moscos," citronela candles and spray is an excellent and natural way of keeping them far from you. Try to close your windows before the sun goes down if you don't have screens and use a fan. They say that they're not strong enough to fly through the "breeze" of a fan.
I can't believe everything your Javier had to go through to get his license. I just paid a "fee," had my photo taken and taa, daaaa...walked out with my license. That was very nice of you to lend your Blazer to the people who didn't have a car.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of the jobs works out for Javier. :)
Wow, you are finally there. It's good to hear you have settled in! I'm sorry I don't have any good ideas for the moscos, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. I should have it down by now but everything always happens the same, I end up getting bit 30 times.
I have also learned my lesson about taking care of business in Mexico. You never know how long it will take and so it is always a good idea to have a little something to read in your purse.
Glad to hear Javi passed! And am looking forward to more posts to see how you are both getting along, till then friend :)
Jackie,Thank you, its good to be back. Well we put a net over our bed and I have a fan running facing towards me so that should definetly help, I will just have to cover up if I go outside before bed.
Trinidad, Gracias! I will always be bringing a book with me now wherever we go, it definetly makes the time go faster.
Lucky you to be back in Mexico. I'm jealous! Fingers crossed for Javi's search for work.
About the moscos...here's a blog post I read that had some ideas. Hoping it's kosher to post it here.
http://nancyandbarry.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/if-it-flies-it-dies/
Barb Thank you! I will definetly check out the post.
Yay! I am happy for you that you are there now, and ready to start your lives together in Mexico. It's fun for me to hear your and other expats' stories of your lives in Mexico. Hopefully it won't be long before I get to say, "We're home!" and be talking about Mexico. :) Good luck with the bugs.
Thank you Lorraine! The bug situation has definetly gotten better and I hope you get to be here in Mexico soon too.
Post a Comment