Wow it has almost been a month since I have been away from my own blog. Most days I have spent cleaning, doing laundry, helping cook, or trying to find things to keep me busy. You would think since I have so much free time that I would be spending it blogging, but I have not been able to get inspired by anything.
Since I have been here I have gotten back into the routine of things which was a little harder for me to do this time because I was in the states so long on my last visit. I have been saying I moved already but during the last year I spent more than six months all together in the states. I think knowing my trip here in November was not just a visit this time, it was finally the big move (no date to go back) was a little harder. It did not hit me when I arrived or even a month after. Just a few weeks ago I started getting my anxiety back. It is hard to explain or figure out because I do not feel like I want to or need to back. I miss my family of course and other things that I am used to but I don't have an overwhelming feeling that I need to go back. I think I just need something else to keep me busy during the hours that Javi is gone.
Javi's job (though we are both grateful that he as one) sucks! Every three weeks he is switched from the morning to night hours. During the day he leaves from 730 am to around 730 pm and the night he is gone from 530 pm to 530 am. He is paid around 1000 pesos a week which all considering is not that bad for where we are at, he has insurance and gets a monthly bonus if he does not miss any days. It is our his best choice for our location besides probably having his own business. I just wish we had more time together.
Oh well I guess I really don't have that much to complain about. I think I just needed to get some stuff off my chest and remember what is really important. My family is healthy, I have a roof over my head, food to eat everyday and so much love and support from everyone, not to mention no matter what time he gets home I still get to give javi a hug/kiss goodbye or hello every morning/night.
5 comments:
Good to have you back Lisa! That does sound like a crappy work schedule, but you sure do have the right attitude. Anything is better than nothing.
You hang in there. Your life has really changed and it's normal what your feeling. If you could find something to do that might make you a few pesos, that would help. What about your cakes or English classes? When we first moved to GDL, I felt like a lost soul and getting a job is what helped me. I send you a big hug!
Hang in there, my hubby has anxiety too...at first I didnt really pay much attention or worried about it until I did some research its an undescribable feeling. Im sure all these sacrifices you are going through now are going to pay off one day, best wishes to you guys and keep up the positive attitude!
I have learnt after dealing with all the BS here that, the most important things is that we get to be together. The kids, Miguel, and I get to kiss each other good night and say good morning in person. Glad to see that you are doing good!
Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it. Glad to be back.
Post a Comment