Favorite Photos

Friday, November 12

And so it begins......

Hello everyone or anyone! I Just wanted to say how inspired i have been by many people's blogs and posts about having to pick up your family and move to another country. I like many of you are planning on picking up all my belongings and moving to Mexico to be with my other half. This last May my fiance was deported and has been missing from my life for the past, almost seven months now. Wow! I can not believe it has been that long already. We purchased a house last December and were planning on getting married next summer and starting our family. Life can change so fast and when you are least expecting it.


It has been a long 7 months without him, although I am so lucky to have the family and support that I do. I know I would not be as strong as I am without them. My parents are behind me no matter what decision I make. The rest of the family is still a little unsure about my decision to leave the US and move to Mexico, but no matter what the decision I believe they will always be
behind me.

Even though I have all this support of family and friends it is still nice to know that there are other people out there that are going through the same problems as me. (even though I wish that was not the case). It is very inspiring to know how all these strong women have left there families and homes in the United States and started new lives in Mexico with their husbands and children and are still so positive about life. It is such a hard and sad situation having families torn apart by all the immigration problems in this country.


Even though my life is totally out of control right now I am just focusing on staying strong and knowing one day everything will work out. My grandmothers always tell me to have faith and believe everything will one day be ok. All of life's hard lessons will only make me stronger. Right? 

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I am about to go down that road too, next year around December. To a rancho in Veracruz, Mexico!

Unknown said...

I hope everything works out well for you and your family!!

Krystal L. said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog! Welcome to the world of mexpats and/or soon-to-be-mexpats. I didn't realize how big the "sisterhood" was either until I started browsing blogs, etc. It breaks my heart to see another family entering this scary journey. If you ever need help or advice, please don't hestitate to ask any one of us, we're all just trying to figure this out one day at a time.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much krystal. Everyone has been very welcoming and supportive already! I am very much appreciative. Just reading all the blogs about all the experiences has definetly helped.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your journey! It's a difficult and frustrating change, but you'll see that this is a beautiful country filled with incredible people. After 5 years, I prefer Mexico to the US.

When I moved here 5 years ago I didn't have the support of other bloggers (blogs weren't really around back then). Definitely take advantage of the expat community! There are tons of us!

Unknown said...

@gringationcancun Thank You. It has definetly been frustrating at times but I am really looking forward to the move and excited to start the new journey. I am really lucky to be apart of the blog world there is so much support.